This article is for Internal Use only and aimed at advanced users
This describes the process of transferring a case from Company A to Company B
1. Add New Case Manually to Company B and record the case number allocated. Set the status to "ADDED_IN_PORTAL" and Internal Info as Company A Ref xxxxxx
- Client Details
- Accident Details
- Other Info Tab
- Client Insurance
- Client Vehicle
- Replacement Vehicle
- Defendant Details
- Defendant Vehicle
- Defendant Insurer.
2. Add Note : - "Transferred from Company A. Their Ref: xxxxxx"
3. Copy the case folder from Company A to the new Case Folder in Company B
4. On the source company database, Select * from Billing where CaseId = x
5. Open a new Excel and set all the columns to Format TEXT
6. Select all record from the Query results, including the headings and then copy and paste into new excel sheet.. Set the FeeEarner to SYSTEM to all rows and the set caseid to the new caseid allocated. Also delete the ID (first) column as this will be auto-generated.
6. save as an XLS as well as a CSV. (If you open the CSV in EXCEL the date columns will lose thier formatting, and you can reformat using yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss.000 if needed)
7. Using SSMS on Company B, import the CSV file created above . Use the "Import Flat File" feature and create new table as CaseHistxxxx
Modify the columns to match the type and NULL of the billing table
9. UPDATE NULL columns to actual nulls
UPDATE CaseHist1375 set CaseStatusAtTime = NULL where CaseStatusAtTime = 'NULL'
UPDATE CaseHist1375 set SubFolder = NULL where SubFolder = 'NULL'
UPDATE CaseHist1375 set FileName = NULL where FileName = 'NULL'
8. Copy the imported records to the Billing table using
INSERT INTO [dbo].[Billing]