Insight provide you the facility to manage you supplier database centrally. The integrated supplier database is at the heart of your system to help you manage contracts, quotations, jobs and invoices and purchase orders
Depending on your system configuration you will have a different way to access the supplier database but the most common method is via the Database tab.
The Supplier database screen is shown below. Multiple tab are used to categorise and organise all the available information. In the example below the Details tab selected.
1. Details Tab
1.1. Search Area
Use this to find supplier by any part of the name or any part of the address. The search results are also filtered by the Status Drop down.
1.2. Basic Information
Name, Address and other basic information about the client is available here.
Some key fields to note are
- ID. This is automatically generated by the system and uniquely identifies this customer
- Alt Ref - You can use this field to store the Alternative ID for this client. This might be useful if you are moving from an existing system which has a different ID for this client. No unique checking of this field is done, so please allocated carefully.
- Status - You can set to Active for current clients or Archived for non-active clients.
- VAT Registered - If ticked will automatically set the vat rate to the standard rate on any transations (eg. Purchase orders). If not ticked will set the VAT rate to 0.
1.3. Additional Information
Key fields to note are
- Currency - If you are trading in multiple currencies, you can set the default currency for this supplier when creating purchase orders. The list of currencies in the drop can updated via Tools -> System Parameters (Filter by Code 47)
- Language - If you are trading in multiple countries and languages you can set the default language for this supplier when printing purchase orders. The list of languages in the drop can updated via Tools -> System Parameters (Filter by Code 48).
- Template Type- This field sets the template to use for this supplier when printing purchase orders. Please ensure that you have created a purchase order template for each template that you use. The name of the template file should be as follows
Insight Purchase Order Template x.repx
where x is the template type that you specify on this form.
Eg. If the Template is set to "1", then you must have a purchase template in the folder named "Insight Purchase Order Template 1.repx"
Use this area to manage the supplier contacts.
2. Payment Terms
If you are using Insight to create your purchase orders then this is printed on the purchase order and also used to determine when an purchase orders becomes overdue for payment by you.
You can set an invoice to become overdue at
- x days after the Invoice Date. In the example below it is set to become overdue 30 days after the purchase order date
- x days after a "weekly recurrence" . This can be useful if you have agreed payment terms with a supplier where you settle their invoices on a weekly basis. When a purchase order is generated the payment terms will be calculated automatically based on the setting here
In the example below you are setting up to pay the outstanding purchase order 30 days after the next Monday, because you only process supplier payments on a Monday.
- x days after a "monthly occurrence" - This can be useful if you have agreed payment terms with a supplier where you settle their invoices on a monthly basis. When a invoice is generated the payment terms will be calculated automatically based on the setting here
In the example below you are setting up to pay the outstanding purchase order 30 days from the last Wednesday of the month, because you only process supplier payment on that day in the month.
3. Delivery Schedule
If you have a large number of deliveries at your site, then you can use this to record the delivery schedule of each supplier.
In the example below, this supplier delivers every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
This information is used to plot on the Delivery Schedule Calendar
This tab lists all the outstanding tasks for the selected supplier.
Double click a task to update it.
5. Purchase Orders
This tab lists the contracts for the selected customer.
Double click a contract to update it.
This tab lists all the products that are supplied by this supplier