Common changes to all types of Insight set-ups
The minimum requirement to run Insight is that the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 must be installed on your PC.
Please install a version from http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30653
You will need Administrator rights on your PC to update the .NET Framework. If you don’t have these, please ask you system Administrator to install this .NET Framework on your PC.
- New System Settings that effect the way Insight behaves. For full list see Insight System Settings List
- New Data Management Tools. These are available from the Tools Menu and you should normally not need to use these.
- New form to view and delete imported Bank Transactions
- New form to view potential duplicate expense entries
- New form to view potential duplicate income entries
- New form to list and update 'Memo Entries' - These are misc. financial entries that are not income or expense entries
- Import Bank Transactions. This has been changed to stop importing of transactions before the VAT locked date
- Unpaid Invoices Report
This report produces an account statement for a client listing the unpaid invoices.
It is now available as a new report from the reports menu and also from within the Client database form. If client has a billing or job contact with an email address, the email icon will open a send email form with their details pre-filled
- Maintain Entry form
Display if a transaction is locked and also locks the split invoices section
Checks for duplicate entries before adding a new entry.
- Appointment, Equipment and Billing Calendar link from dashboard -If holding shift key whilst clicking this option will open the calendar in full screen and in the small panel
- VAT Returns
Link changed from View Report to Generate Return if it's unlocked and clicking it will re-create the VAT return. If it's locked the link will say View Return
For Multi-Branch Systems, only the All Branches VAT Return can be marked as paid
New ability to Delete unlocked VAT Returns (e.g. if created in error)
Changed bottom section to clarify how to create a new vat return record
- Maintain Parameters form
Added link to view the parameter list and Systems Settings online
- Maintain Client Details
New Copy details from Billing contact button
- Products Databases
New Pop-up form to allow for easier maintenance of the Basic Product data. this is shown when adding a new entry or updating an existing product.
Insight Standard Edition Changes
- Invoice/Job Details
- Improved Performance of the form
- Don't allow manual manipulation of payment status it's at Outstanding Payment. The user should enter the details of the payment(s) and this will be updated automatically
- Added a pop up message box when not enough quantity to increase or add to job.
Cater for Job Unit Prices are Gross
If the System Setting JobUnitPricesAreGross is set to TRUE, then any Unit prices are deemed as Inclusive of VAT and the Net and VAT amounts will be calculated based on the selected VAT Rate
From the left hand side products lists, holding down the shift key whilst clicking on a product will open the "Maintain Product" form the the selected product. Press F1 to see these notes.
2. Contract Details form
Added effective Start and End date to billing cycle
Insight Retail Changes
New Invoices facility to help manage customer account sales.
Monthly Sale Summary Screen
This has been changed to show the total account sales invoices paid in that month.
When entering the Total Monthly Sales, do not include the value of any Account Sales Invoices paid as these have their own sub-total line.
Reports Menu re-arranged
- New Debtors and Unpaid Invoices reports
- Re-arranged the reports menu
Weekly Summary Sheet
The difference box is now calculated as "Z-Read - Total Sales - Money in Cust A/C"
Insight Garage Management Changes
Shop Floor Mode
- Cater for Job Unit Prices are Gross
The unit prices entered are deemed as Inclusive of VAT and the Net and VAT amounts will be calculated based on the selected VAT Rate.
Don't allow manual manipulation of payment status it's at Outstanding Payment. The user should enter the details of the payment(s) and this will be updated automatically
From the products list, holding down the shift key whilst clicking of a product will open the "Maintain Product" form the the selected product. Press F1 to see these notes
New cancel Button - clears the job details and starts again. Useful when you want to cancel the current transaction and start a new one.
2. Daily Job Sheet Report - Added Job Reference and Client Name